The deceased in a police vehicle after he was removed from the drain
A YOUNG man believed to be in his early thirties has been brutally beaten to death by unknown assailants and abandoned in a drain at Community 7, Tema in the Greater Accra Region.
The yet-to-be-identified man was found in the underpass of a drain with contaminated water last Wednesday morning by some residents as his legs were fastened with electric wires.
His face and body had some wounds, deepening suspicion that he might have been killed by attackers.
Some residents who spoke to DAILY GUIDE said that they heard some unusual noise that dawn indicating that armed robbers had attacked someone and snatched a bag around Community 10 junction, a few metres from where the lifeless body of the man was located.
When DIALY GUIDE arrived at the scene, traces of blood stains were found in the drain across a street towards the Tema Metropolitan Assembly (TMA) Flats in Community 7.
The scene of the incident attracted many people; and vehicular traffic was also heavy as most drivers who plied the Tema General Hospital road either stopped or slowed down to catch a glimpse of the deceased.
Personnel from the Community 8, Police Station arrived at the scene and conveyed the yet-to-be-identified corpse to the Police Hospital in Accra.
Deputy Superintendent of Police (DSP) Reynolds Yaw Manteaw, Crime Officer of the Community One District Police Headquarters, confirmed the incident to DAILY GUIDE, but could not explain the incident that led to the death.
According to him, residents are reluctant to assist the police with evidence that could lead to the identification of the assailants, adding that investigations into the matter were ongoing.
He therefore appealed to the public to assist in identifying the deceased.
From Vincent Kubi, Tema
- Gov't To Stop Fish Importation
- More Jobs For KEEA Youth
- FIDA Makes Case for Women In Oil And Gas
- 'NHIS Boss Paid For No Work Done'
- Missing Baby In Parliament
- Heavy security block tamale chiefs from attending independence day celebrations
- Rains flood parts of Accra
- Lawmakers Loyal To Gov. Amaechi’s Position On Nigeria Centenary Is Illegal – PDP
- Deep Consumer Understanding Is Big Thing In Marketing---Experts Advice
- Five killed in South Sudan army clash
- Kalabari Socio-Political Elitist Group, Kalika Assembly Formally Joins Kalabari Unity Forum (KUF)
- Gunmen kill at least nine, Nigerian army, police say
- US freezes $458 mn stolen by Nigeria dictator Abacha
- NIGERIA IS A CORRUPT COUNTRY –US REPORT
- TB Joshua’s 2015 bombshell: Elections may not hold in some states , if…– T B Joshua
- BRITISH COUNCIL HONOURS EX-NFIU DIRECTOR, IBEKAKU
- Akufo-Addo Raises Red Flag
- Parliament commence debate on state of the nation address
- President Mahama advocates Judicial cooperation
- Media must lead crusade to publicize Constitution review process